Before Chinese New Year this year, we were lucky to be invited by Resort World Genting to join the blogger tour to Asian Fashion Forest at Awana Genting Resort. To be honest, we do not know there is a reserved forest in Genting before this. Googled it and found that this place is definitely amazing (well, for us) because the Asian Fashion Forest has a lot of awesome insects, reptiles, animals and plants which are awaiting us to discover.
Why is Asian Fashion Forest fashionable and delightful?
1. Explore a 130 million years old rainforest upclose (Upper Dipterocarp Forest 3000ft asl)
2. Watch Super Avatars (Giant Stangler Fig Trees like of those at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom)
3. Discover and identify 12 amazing “Rattans of Malaysia”
4. Study the forest floor
5. Spot insects, animals, reptiles, wild fruits, wild flowers, epiphyte forest, parasitic plants and herbal plants
6. CSI footprints, burrows, fallen branches, fallen fruits, animal scents, animal and bird sounds
7. Take photos and videos, share them instantly as Wi-Fi is available in the forest!
I guess most people will be surprised by the 7th reason, a forest that has Wi-Fi. Wow~ That seem impossible but, hey, it is happening in Awana Fashion Forest! So, besides enjoying the beauty of the nature, snap a photo and upload to your social media so that you friends and followers can enjoy it too.
BTW, there are QR codes that you can scan and read more details on different flora in this Asian Forest too.
Futher, before entering the forest, don’t forget to sign the Celebri-Tree Pledge to “Plant A Tree in Someone’s Heart”. Awana Fashion Forest wishes to have more people concern on the nature. Would you be a part of them? Yes, we do.
Honestly speaking, Fashion Forest looks similar to other forests. What makes it unique is actually YOU. You see what you see, and you are the medium to bring what you see to others. How? By sharing it on social media.
Some of you may know that both me and Danny are exotic pet keeper. Meanwhile, we love to discover the beauty of nature, learn the animals’ natural habitats if we have the chance. That’s why we are excited to join the trekking tour. We truly enjoyed our time in Awana Fashion Forest. Yet, we didn’t see any reptiles we wish to. Perhaps, we should join the night herping tour next time.
Well, we know not everyone into this. So, you should probably just consider to join the morning tour which is from 9am to 11.30am daily.
Awana Fashion Forest
Entrance Fee: RM75 (Adults) / RM65 (Children)
Opening Hours: 9am – 11.30am daily
Tel: 013 – 399 3667
Facebook: TREKS Fashion Forest